Thursday, February 16, 2012

Writing Camp

Today our writing classes had a wonderful opportunity to be a part of writing camp! We took a short trip across the street, where we were greeted by six energetic presenters who each had fun writing activities planned.  Today our authors learned more about hooking their reader with introductions, wrapping up a story in a memorable and meaningful way with conclusions, adding a smooth flow with transitional phrases, proving it! with sensory details, elaborating to add supporting details, and how to tackle an espository prompt.

We all had special and memorable moments that stood out to us.  Please comment below and share something new you learned, a moment or presentation you enjoyed, or something to help other growing authors.

I'll go first. I enjoyed the moment when I spoke to Ms. Terry, and she told me she loved the enthuasiasm my students have towards writing stories. Also, I learned Harry Potter is full of sensory details!!


As always, post comments as "Name/URL"
Use your first name only, leave URL blank and press publish.

18 comments:

  1. I learned that when you try to hook a reader it dose not need to be long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned that you can hook your reader by reading intersing books and reading articles and stories and newspapers

      Delete
  2. I wasn't there because i had a sore throat but my wonderful teacher Mr.Adams told me me many amazing lessons i learned such as punctuation or using my authors voice. Thank you for being a wonderful teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joey, thank you for all your hard work!

      Delete
    2. Whoopsie!!! I put a extra me :(

      Delete
    3. And......... a comma.

      Delete
    4. And............ a period

      Delete
    5. Why did I say and........a comma:(
      So many mistakes. I'm laughing so hard because I made so many mistakes while talking
      about my teacher!HAHAHAHA!!!

      Delete
    6. Joey, school is all about learning! Take this chance to say you learned to re-read something before pushing publish (or turning something in during class) because it is very easy to make a simple mistake. For example, look at this week's assignment sheet. Someone may have left out a word in a sentence because he was writing too fast...

      It happens to the best of us!

      Delete
    7. Yeah. When i'm on the computer I'm not used to all the gadgets and buttons. I also was on a hurry because we were going to a restaurant since my aunt was there. She left today. I will make sure i won't make any mistakes

      Delete
  3. I loved when we learned about sensory details

    ReplyDelete
  4. i learned how to do exspostory writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned so much that day.I wish I can do it AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the part when we did senory details.Also iloved the part when were in mrs.Gillmores,learning about how to grab your readers attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your story and your grammer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned a bunch of thins that day. It was one of the best day ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was a blast to me I learned so many things that day.It was fun!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved to learn about sensory details. it was lots of fun

    ReplyDelete

On a Desktop Computer:
Comment as "Name/URL"
Students - use your first name only and leave URL blank
Press publish.

On a mobile device:
Choose "Anonymous"
Then put your name at the end of your comment
Example: "I love your meaningful conclusion! - Mr.Adams"
Press publish.